Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's been awhile, a long while...

Hey folks, sorry about the absence in the posts,  finals and the post-semester wrap up were crazy as usual. But in my time away, several things have occurred in the world around us. Let me take a few moments to go over what stand out in my mind.

1. Have a Harry (Reid) Christmas America: As many now know the dreaded health care bill has been passed in the Senate with the help of what I believe is one of the most out of touch Congressmen (and Congresswomen, got to stay PC here) of this day and age. With some of the lowest approval ratings of the past 100 years and especially the lowest in the first year of any Congress, you would thing that some changes would occur. Either in the structure of the bill or in the personnel that are overseeing the committees. I would also think that since the reason these representatives have their jobs is because we (the citizens) voted them into office, they would want to do whatever it takes to keep their job. That probably means keeping these same people happy. Apparently either the Democrats, and a few Republicans don't care about public opinion, or they no longer want to keep their jobs.

2. Brittany Murphy: Now it is very sad that she died, probably from an overdose, but why did it have to be this young actress. It seems that 2009 is a cursed year if you're a celebrity, or somewhat celebrity. David Carradine, Michael Jackson, Jeremy Lusk (motocross rider), Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Steve McNair, DJAM, Patrick Swayze among more. All I'm asking is why couldn't someone that needed to perish in 2009 take one of these spots, like Michael Moore. I mean come on, look at him. If anyone looks like they are going to pass it's him and his 300lbs overweight, elastic wearing body. He's one of my predictions for heart attack in 2010. Not that I wish that on him or his family. But just being honest, he's fat.

3. Fox News (I know this is old news but it really grinds my gears): A couple of months ago there was this big outrage over the actual fairness of FoxNews. Now I will be the first to say that they are very conservative in their views and in their programing, but so is CNN and MSNBC. I mean come on, Chris Matthews is the pretty much exact opposite as Glenn Beck. Although, both are hilarious (for different reasons). So in short, yes Fox in my opinion is biased, and so is every other major news network, newspaper, and internet news source. I'll even be the first to admit that I am extremely biased (if you haven't noticed) and it doesn't really bother me. All it means is that we are all human and all have different ideas about things. Although some are right and others are...well not.

Have a Merry Harry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment