Tuesday, March 9, 2010

There's more than one Lindsay in the world (article linked)

What is going on in the world? Are people so attention hungry that they would think that anyone with their name is associated with themselves? Apparently the wise Lindsay Lohan does. The actress has filed a lawsuit against the E*Trade Financial company over the content of one of their "baby" commericals. In the commerical in question, one female baby asks the male baby if "that milkaholic Lindsey is over?" Now Lohan and her legal team see this as reason enough to sue, most likely for charater defamation. Are you kidding me Lohan? If that was the case, I and every other Lance out there should have an equal share in more famous Lance's achievements. Yep, I should get royalties from Lance Bass' N*SYNC songs. I should get a cut of Lance Berkman and Lance Armstrong's endorsement deals and contracts. I should get a portion of Lance Burton's paycheck.

Now that sounds absurd obviously and for good reason. I have not done anything that these things that other people named Lance have done. So obviously, I should not get credit for these things. Using this simple logic it's pretty easy to see that if there is a fictional or real person that happens to share your first name, you should not be able to be associated with them. If there was a baby in that commerical named Lance, I highly doubt that there would be any sort of action, legal or otherwise, to say that that baby was associated or even was a representation of Lances. Now if the baby had been called Lindsey Lohan, that would be a different story.

Pretty short, very simple, extremely stupid situation
If Lohan by some chance happens to win this lawsuit, I will not stop making fun of her in pretty much everything I do. She deserves it, and so does every Lindsey out there (you're guilty too)

No comments:

Post a Comment